KATANA Safety Inc. Minimum Advertised Price (“MAP”) Policy
Effective: April 1, 2020
KATANA Safety Inc. (“KATANA Safety”) believes strongly in its brand, technology, and purpose. KATANA Safety is excited that you are a valued business partner and hopes that you are equally inspired to represent the products are developing. Advertisements are often amongst the first experiences customers have with our brand and products, so KATANA Safety implemented this Policy. We envision that you will view this Policy as clear support for KATANA Safety’ brand, products, consumers, and you.
What does this Policy cover and where do I find the “Minimum Advertised Price?”
The Policy applies to advertisements of the KATANA Safety Products listed on the KATANA Safety MAP Schedule, which can be found at https://www.KATANASafety.com/minimum-advertised-price-policy
Any advertisement is covered by this Policy, including pricing listed on an internet website. Pricing information displayed at the online checkout stage of a transaction is not considered “advertising” under this Policy. That is, once pricing is associated with an actual purchase, the price becomes the selling price and this Policy is not applicable.
How does enforcement work?
KATANA Safety will take one or more of the following actions in response to a breach of this Policy:
- Notify the reseller in writing of the non-compliant advertisement with a reminder of KATANA Safety’ MAP Policy;
- Cancel any pending KATANA Safety’ Product orders, and suspend the reseller’s right to purchase the KATANA Safety’ Products in question for a period of time (e.g., thirty (30), sixty (60), ninety (90), one hundred twenty (120), one hundred fifty (150), one hundred eighty (180) days, one (1) year, etc.);
- Cancel any pending KATANA Safety’ Product orders, and terminate the reseller’s right to purchase a certain SKU; certain multiple SKUs; and/or a particular Collection or Combination of Collections;
- Cancel any pending KATANA Safety’ Product orders, and terminate the reseller’s right to purchase KATANA Safety’ Products for distribution from a particular geographic location;
- Terminate the reseller’s account with KATANA Safety, including purchasing access to any and all KATANA Safety’ Products.
Other important information.
This Policy is unilateral and does not constitute an agreement between KATANA Safety and any reseller or other party. The Policy is non-negotiable and cannot be modified by anyone other than KATANA Safety. KATANA Safety may, however, designate promotional periods during which the terms of this Policy change; or may designate periods of time during which this Policy is not applicable. KATANA Safety is solely responsible for establishing the MAP for each Product and communicating the MAP to all resellers. All questions or comments regarding this MAP Policy should be directed to the policy administrator at MAP@KATANA Safety.com. Only the policy administrator shall be responsible for determining whether a violation of this Policy has occurred, communicating decisions to resellers regarding this Policy, and receiving any other communication regarding compliance with this Policy.
This Policy is effective as of the Effective Date set forth above and supersedes all prior KATANA Safety policies regarding minimum advertised prices or resale prices for KATANA Safety’ products applicable to resellers.