- Personal Information We Collect. “Personal information” is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person, directly or indirectly in conjunction with other publicly information. Personal information we collect includes your name, mailing address, mobile phone number, email address and payment information (such as credit card number and expiration date). If you choose to add a family member to your account, then we also collect the family member’s name, email address and mobile phone number. We may also ask you your date of birth, gender and other demographic and preference information, such as your personal emergency instructions and/or emergency contact information. Your immediate oral communications, including in-person conversations, utterances and other exchanges of you and/or between you and whoever or whatever is in your presence at the time the emergency feature of the Product will be recorded and collected via initiation of the silent alert emergency feature of the Site and Services which initiates a digital audio recording function. This recorded information will be stored locally on your device and will not be stored by or transmitted to the Site or Services.There are a number of ways in which you may provide us with and consent to our collection of certain personal information. For example, when you register for our services and create an account, we require you to provide certain information such as your name, email and mailing address. When you add members of your family or household to the account, you are required to provide certain information about such members and you agree that you have permission and authority to provide such information. When you use the “Contact Us” or a similar link on the Site, we collect personal information you submit, such as your name, phone number and email address. We may use links throughout a Site to provide you with the opportunity to contact us via email to ask questions, request information and materials, or provide comments and suggestions. You may also be offered the opportunity to have one of our representatives contact you personally to provide additional information about our products or services. To do so, we may request additional personal information from you to help us satisfy your request.
- Payment Information. By initiating any activity or transaction that uses financial information on our Sites, you consent to providing your financial information to us and our service providers processing the transaction. When we collect payment information directly from you, like credit card numbers and expiration dates, we transmit this payment data directly from you to the credit card processing company and it is not stored by us.
- Location Information. Many features of our Sites and our services rely upon device-based location information. To provide such features, we collect, use, transmit, process and maintain data on the geographic location of your device. We may use and store information about your location depending on the permissions you have set on your device. We use this information to provide features of our service and to improve and customize our service. For example, we will collect and use your location information to share such information with members of your family or household. Note that location information we collect is not 100% accurate and the information we collect on your location may be an approximate location. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Site, through your device settings. Please be aware, however, that if you disable location services, certain features of our service and Sites may not work as intended.
- Text Messages and Email Messages. You may receive text messages from us, as well as our subsidiaries and affiliates Google, Inc., Apple, Inc., Twillio and Sendgrid, as part of our services through the Sites if you activate this service. For example, our services will send a text message to any member you have added to your safety list if you send an alert for help. We may also send you email messages relating to our services (for example, to verify your account, to correspond with you regarding parental consent notification and to provide you with updates to our services and other service-related notices). The text messages may encourage you to purchase our products or upgrades, visit our Sites or other online resources, or otherwise contain promotional content. The text messages may be sent with the aid of an automatic telephone dialing system. Your consent to receive these texts is not a prerequisite for the purchase of any products or services, except to the extent that the texts are a necessary component of the product or service. You can control your receipt of text alerts by visiting your settings and alert options within the mobile app. You can manage your email options by opting not to receive certain email messages or by contacting us. Standard text messages rates will apply. Please be aware that if you disable text message and email messages, then certain features of our service and Sites may not work as intended.
- Social. Our Sites may use social plugins (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our Sites, install our applications, or use our online resources, the operator of the social plugin may be able to place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited this Site. If you are logged into the associated social media website (e.g., Facebook) while using our Sites, the social plugin allows that social media website to receive information about your use of our services. The social plugin may also allow the social media website to share information about your activities on our Sites with other users of the social media website. For more information about the data shared via a particular social media plugin, you should refer to that social media site’s privacy statement.
- Cookies; Traffic Data. Whenever you visit or interact with a Site, we, as well as our service providers and any third-party advertisers, may use assorted technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how a Site is accessed and used. We refer to this information as traffic data. Traffic data may include, but is not limited to, browser type, device type used to access the Site (i.e., computer or mobile device), unique number assigned to identify such device, operating system, application version, click path taken through the Site, your use of features or applications on a Site, and other publicly available information. This information helps us improve our Sites, products and services. Traffic data is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as an identifiable person, we will treat it as personal information. Technologies we use on the Sites to collect traffic data, include but are not limited to: cookies (data files placed on your computer or other devices used to access a Site), mobile analytics software and pixel tags (transparent graphic image, sometimes called a web beacon or tracking beacon, placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed). Cookies may also be used to associate you with social sharing sites like Facebook and Twitter and, if you so choose, to enable interaction between your activities on our Sites and your activities on such social sharing sites. We, or our vendors, may place cookies or similar files on your computer or other devices used to access a Site for security purposes, to facilitate Site navigation and to personalize your experience while visiting our Sites (such as allowing us to select which content is most likely to appeal to you based on your location). A pixel tag may tell your browser to get content from another server. To learn how you may be able to reduce the number of cookies you receive from us, or delete cookies that have already been installed in your browser’s cookie folder, please refer to your browser’s help menu or other instructions related to your browser. If you do disable or opt out of receiving cookies, please be aware that some features and services on our Sites may not work as intended and you may not have access to all of the services and features we may offer.
- Do Not Track Requests; Third Party Tracking. Unless your browser settings are configured to make your online activities and publicly available information about your online activities (such as traffic data described above) invisible to usage analytics tools, we do not presently omit you from usage analytics to the extent your browser only sends us a “do not track” message and does not otherwise screen you from tracking without any action on our part. Third parties, other than our vendors (such as our website analytics provider), do not have authorization from us to track which websites you visited prior and after visiting our website. That said, we cannot control third party tracking and there may be some third party tracking that occurs without our knowledge or consent.
- Data Access and Accuracy. We are committed to respecting your right to access and correct your personal information. You can contact us at the contact information provided below and we will be happy to assist you in obtaining access to your personal information. We may limit or deny access to personal information where providing such access would be unreasonably burdensome or expensive, or as otherwise provided by law. In some circumstances, we may charge a reasonable fee, where warranted, for access to and other requests regarding personal information.Additionally, want to be sure that we keep only the most accurate and up-to-date information about you in our records. Therefore, whenever you believe that you have submitted information that may no longer be correct, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org your up-to-date information.
- How We Use Information We Collect. We collect and use your personal information for a variety of business purposes, including to provide the products and services that you request and register for, to communicate with you about them, to respond to your feedback, emails, submissions, questions, comments, complaints and other requests, to personalize your experience, and to do all things necessary to administer and monitor our Sites, products and services, and manage, protect and improve them. We may also use your personal information to help us administer surveys, polls, loyalty programs, and other promotional events.
- Opt-Out; Changes in Personal Information. KATANA Safety wants to keep only accurate information about you. To update or correct your contact information please email us at email@example.com. At any time, you may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask that we remove your name, contact information, and email address from the lists we use to send our mailings and to contact you. We may retain a copy of your Personally Identifiable Information, however, for record-keeping purposes. If you want to opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us, or if your personally identifiable information changes (such as zip code, phone, email or postal address), you may correct, update or delete/deactivate your personally identifiable information at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. Note that if you have a separate agreement with us or our subsidiaries and affiliates, you should also check the notice provisions in that agreement and update us if any contact information changes according to the notice provisions in that agreement. Your notifying firstname.lastname@example.org of any personal information changes will not serve as notice under any separate agreement you may have with us.
- Children. The Sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such children. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of such a child without verifiable consent of a parent or guardian in accordance with appropriate verification mechanisms under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act rules, then we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. If you submit information to the Sites on your child, you agree that the submission of such information is voluntary and that you are the child’s parent or legal guardian and have permission to submit such information. If you believe that a child of whom you are a parent or guardian has registered or otherwise provided personal information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will make reasonable efforts to remove all personal information related to the child.
- Notice to Residents of Countries Outside the United States. We are owned and operated in the United States. If you are visiting the Site from a country other than the United States, your information will cross an international boundary. The level of protection for your information in the United States may not be the same as the level of protection in your country. By using the Site, you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your information in the United States and in any country to which we may transfer your information in the course of our business operations. Children under the age of majority in any jurisdiction outside of the United States should not provide any personal information without their parent’s consent.
- Your California Privacy Rights. Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, what types of personal information, if any, the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information in the immediately preceding calendar year. Please note that under California law, businesses are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year. In addition, a business subject to California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 must allow California residents under age 18 who are registered users of online sites, services or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted. Your request should include a detailed description of the specific content or information to be removed. Please be aware that your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.To access this information, please contact us either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address below:
KATANA Safety, Inc. 120 N. Markley St. Suite 100, Greenville SC 29601, Attention: CA Privacy Requests